Sat, 21 Aug|
Location is TBD
Business Coaching Series - "How to become an importer of Indonesian products to Australia"
Time & Location
21 Aug 2021, 11:00 am – 12:40 pm
Location is TBD
About the Event
Business Coaching Series “How to Become an Importer of Indonesian Products to Victoria and Tasmania”
About this event
• The linkage and connection between Indonesia and Australia have established since years ago and on 4 March 2019 both countries signed the Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership (IA-CEPA). The Partnership, officially came into force on 5 July 2020, has opened wider opportunities for business sectors from both countries to increase trade in goods and services.
• IA CEPA provides import tariff elimination up to 0 % for almost all Indonesian products entering Australia’s market such as food and beverages, fruit, clothes, shoes, etc.
• Indonesia and Australia have committed to increase trade relations between both countries. Among the comparative advantages that both countries share is the geographical proximity between Indonesia and Australia.
• At the same time, there are thousands of Indonesian students arriving in Australia every year to study in various Australian world class universities. That creates wider opportunities for both people to increase interconnection through trade.
• With long-term projections in mind, it is deemed necessary to hold an event that is intended to be an investment for improving the economic relations between Indonesia and Australia in the future, particularly involving students as agents of the future.
The purposes of Business Coaching Series are to provide:
• a venue for the participants to understand about the opportunities in terms of trade in goods and services.
• a network for the participants to the business peoples in Victoria and Tasmania.
• knowledge and understanding on establishing a business/company in Victoria and Tasmania.
• knowledge on the issues related to importation of good and services from Indonesia to Australia, including laws and regulations of Australia on quarantine, labelling, etc.
• knowledge on digital economy and business opportunities.
- Kuncoro Giri Waseso, Consul General of the Republic of Indonesia for Victoria & Tasmania
- Konfir Kabo, Managing Partner at Kabo Lawyer
- Ronny The, Owner Grand Laguna Hawthorn/Grand Eastern Group Pty Ltd
- Phoebe Sudargo-Wu, Associate Editor Majalah BUSET